In less than 24 hours, Summer will officially begin. The Wisconsin Sports Development Center didn’t bother waiting for the “official” start of the season though. The Summer Badge State Games will begin today. These wonderful games have become a favorite Wisconsin tradition for many. I love telling new buyers moving to the area about them!
The games began in 1985 right here in Madison. They started as, and continue to be, a great community event for the whole state providing athletes of all ages and the abilities to participate in an Olympics style competition. In order to participate you must be a resident of Wisconsin. Currently 35 counties participate and host events.
Some highlights that will be held in Madison
- Rowing on Lake Wingra at Vilas Park in Madison.
- Tennis at the Cherokee Country Club in Madison.
- Bowling at Bowl-A-Vard Lanes, Madison.
- Dodgeball at Pooley’s in Madison.
- Closing Ceremony is going to be held at the Rhythm & Booms – Madison (Fireworks Display).